Local Content Development
At Lonadek we are of the view that maximizing local content is not only politically sensible but it makes good business sense as lower composite rates can be realized by increasing local labour and material resources especially where these items are readily available and the prices are commercially attractive.
Our objectives for local content development include:
- Increasing value-added content, thereby contributing to national economic development as well as that of our stakeholders, partners, clients, companies, employees and contractors.
- Transfer technology and develop local know-how.
We are able to work with and assist foreign companies that hope to operate in the local Oil & Gas industry increase their local content to meet new government target via a number of suitable arrangements including joint ventures, partnerships, sub-contracting or other mutually suitable vehicles. .
We enhance local content via the following mechanisms:
- Project specific local content plan
- Employing competent and qualified local contractors to provide technical and non-technical services and support (when required).
- Investing in the development training of locals to participate in higher-level activities than hitherto.
- Investing in office, logistics, accommodation, computing systems and other business support infrastructure, goods, and services, all of which are purchased locally to augment other equipment procured internationally.
- Setting up the local infrastructure in co-operation with our offshore partners to meet the requirement of the NCD directives.
If you are seeking an entrance into the Nigerian or any local Oil & gas industry and need to increase your local content or as a first timer wishing to explore the very challenging but profitable Nigerian business environment and succeed, then you should talk to us. At Lonadek we understand Nigeria and the Gulf of Guinea oil and gas industry like no one else.
Our focus is on helping to increase the capacity of locals and indigenous companies in a range of oil and gas industry activities, from design and engineering, to exploration and drilling. This supports the national Government's drive to increase local participation in the oil and gas industry. Local Content also makes business sense for companies operating out of their home office. By developing a skilled local workforce, we can lower operating costs over the long term while contributing to a more prosperous nation, which is good for the country and good for business.
Our corporate strategy is to systematically accelerate the transfer of technology, engineering experience, and specialized know-how from our foreign technical partners to Indigenous Nationals. In projects where we need specialized knowledge or know-how from foreign technical partners or expatriates; Lonadek builds training into the project execution plan and ensures that Indigenous Staff are trained during the execution of the project. Our experience and interests covers past activities in Nigeria, Ghana, Angola and the United Kingdom.
Our Local Content Development policies include:
- Implementing local content policy as approved by the Nigerian Government.
- Empowering the Indigenous Oil and Gas sector by the provision of cost effective and leading edge engineering services by an indigenous company.
- Technical Partnership with global organizations to execute projects and transfer knowledge through Structured Training Programme involving classroom and hands-on-job training
- Investing massively in the development of indigenous engineering personnel
- Develop and transfer technology know-how and experience to nationals from expatriates in-country or overseas
- Domiciliation of the execution of all services
- Utilization of local materials and human resources for Project Services