The Global Teacher Prize 2019 (US $1 million award) for Outstanding Teachers Worldwide.
The Global Teacher Prize is a US $1 million dollar award, presented annually to an exceptional teacher who has made an outstanding contribution to the profession.
This award is courtesy of The Varkey Foundation and the prize was established in 2014, to recognise and celebrate the impact that teachers have around the world – not only on their students but on the communities around them.
Calling all teachers! We want to reach as many teachers as possible, whether they’re working in schools in large cities to small and remote villages – we want to find more exceptional teachers who are working tirelessly to educate the next generation of children and deserve to be recognised!
- The Prize is open to currently working teachers who teach children that are in compulsory schooling or are between the ages of five and eighteen.
- Teachers who teach children age 4+ in an Early Years government-recognise curriculum are also eligible, as are teachers who teach on a part-time basis, and teachers of online courses.
- Teachers must spend at least 10 hours per week teaching children face-to-face, and plan to remain in the teaching profession for the next 5 years.
- The Prize is open to teachers in every kind of school and, subject to local laws, in every country in the world.
- The Global Teacher Prize Judging Academy includes public officials, head teachers, academics, journalists, entrepreneurs, company directors, scientists and entertainment industry figures from around the world.
- They share the common goal of shining a spotlight on the great work that teachers do and use a comprehensive list of judging criteria. To ensure fairness and transparency.
Application Deadline: September 22, 2019.