Document Control & Management (ILM UK Certified)
This Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) certified program is designed to empower participants to setup and maintain a state-of-the-art Document Control Centre (DCC), operate modern document storage, retrieval and archiving systems, establish an Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) with company specific procedure, effectively control and manage company documents and records .
The course will cover the following areas:
Fundamentals of Document Control & Management
- Basics of Good Documentation and Control
- Key Principles, Standards and Terminologies
- Document Classification
- Review and Approval Structure in Document Control Systems
Document Control Procedures and Operations
- Introduction to Document Control.
- Document Control Procedure.
- Document Identification & Naming Convention.
- Document Tracking and Expediting.
- Electronic File Transfer.
- Project Document Archiving at Job Close-Out.
- Common Problems Encountered In Managing Documents.
Implementation of Document Control Rules
- Documenting the Document Control System
- Internal Procedures & Guidelines
- Document Templates
Management of Quality Documents and Records
- Key Definitions.
- Quality Assurance versus Quality Control.
- Quality Management System.
- Rationale behind Quality Management System.
- Quality Management System’s Approach.
Electronic Document Management Systems
- Introduction to EDMS.
- Information Architecture.
- Key Technologies and Functionalities.
In the course of training, you will learn:
- Key modules with applications found in today’s organizations.
- Fundamentals of document control & management, procedures and operations.
- Quality documents & records management and electronic document management systems.
- Enhanced Security of confidential documents.
- Improve regulatory compliance.
- Easily retrieve documents when needed.
- Better Collaboration between members of staff.
- Better Backup and Disaster Recovery.