Web Design & Development
This course will provide a basic understanding of the methods and techniques of developing a simple to a moderately complex web site. Using the current standard web page language, students will be instructed on creating and maintaining a simple web site. After the foundation language has been established, the aid of a web editor will be introduced. A second web-based language will be included to further enhance the web sites.
What You’re Going to Learn
- Ability to implement an appropriate planning strategy for developing websites.
- Ability to produce functional, flexible, & versatile websites.
- Ability to locate, evaluate, & critically assess current & emerging technologies for developing websites.
- Experience creating various small website projects.
- An awareness of the process in creating a website & the various roles needed in that process.
- Introduction to Web Technologies
- HyperText Markup Language (HTML 4.01)
- HTML 5
- Cascading Style Sheets (2.0)
- Cascading Style Sheets (3.0)
- SEO/SMO Concept
- Web Hosting